- Sunday, October 19th: 5-6 pm (Meet Yoda & Spud)
- Sunday, October 19th, 6-7:30 pm (Meet Moses)
- Monday, October 20th, 3:30-5 pm (Meet Luna)
- Monday, October 20th, 5:30-6:30 pm (Meet Twinkie)
- Tuesday, October 21st, 1:30-3 pm (Meet Libby)
- Tuesday, October 21st, 6-7:30 pm (Meet Moses)
- Wednesday, October 22, 1:30-3 pm (Meet Connor)
- Wednesday, October 22, 5:30-7 pm (Meet Tonka)
- Thursday, October 23, 2:30-3:30 pm (Meet Maddie)
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Monday, October 06, 2014
The celebration honors emerita Professor Katherine Schneider for her work in setting up the award for authors whose books focus on the disability experience for child and adolescent audiences.
It will be held on the 2nd floor of the library in the Breezeway (L2022) and feature a speaker from the American Library Association, a 10th anniversary display, and hors d'oeuvres.
Support has been provided by McIntyre Library and the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Visiting Minority Scholars and Artists Program.
Monday, September 29, 2014
|Fall 2014 Off the Shelf Library Newsletter|
To download the newsletter, click here.
Monday, August 25, 2014
McIntyre Library Tours
Beginning on Monday, September 8 and ending on Thursday, October 2, Library faculty and staff will conduct 30-minute McIntyre Library building tours, briefly describing services, assistance, and collections. Tour times are varied (see schedule following) and designed to meet the needs of a variety of students. While the tours are student-focused, we welcome others. No need to register--just meet at the times below in the 24 hour study outside the library entrance.
Tours answer questions such as:
- Where are magazines (or journals, books, DVDs, electronic articles, government documents, current newspapers, rare books, etc.)?
- What are the library hours?
- Where do I check out materials? How long may I keep them? How are books arranged?
- How do students reserve a group study room or check out a laptop or camera?
- How do I ask for help? (Chat, email, phone, and in person.)
- Does the library have scanners and photocopiers?
- Is there really an exercise room in the library?
- What's new in the library and on our web pages?
Tours will be conducted beginning on Monday, September 8 and ending on Thursday, October 2
- Mondays at 5:00 pm
- Tuesdays at 3 pm
- Wednesdays at 10 am
- Thursdays at noon
- No tours on Fridays
For more information about the tours, call the Reference Desk at 715-836-3858 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule a library instruction session, contact your library liaison http://www.uwec.edu/Library/reference/Library-Instructional-Faculty.htm or use our online form http://www.uwec.edu/Library/reference/Schedule-a-Library-Class.htm
Thursday, August 21, 2014
McIntyre Library is happy to announce a new digital collection as part of Special Collections & Archives. The Jeanette Gaffney Miller Collection tells a broader story of student life at Eau Claire in the 1920s, and just like other digital collections available on the McIntyre Library's digital collections webpage, this new digital collection serves as an exciting and compelling way to experience UW-Eau Claire’s history as the University Centennial approaches in 2016.
Items from the Gaffney Miller Collection including student class schedules, university theater production programs, commencement programs, student speeches, and football tickets from the late 1920’s, are now available for all to view. This is a great opportunity for students, researchers, and the general public to experience a new understanding of Eau Claire’s past, and to observe more about the university in its modern standing.
To access the Jeanette Gaffney Miller Collection visit the Digital Collections website where you will find a link to it and other items in our online digital collection or this link will take you directly into the collection itself.
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
|After Dark 2014 Poster|
If you think you’re good at Mario Kart you’ll want to enter the Mario Kart Tournament with a very nice prize going to the overall champion. If you’ve always thought a library would be a good place to play laser tag, you’re in luck. A new addition to this year’s event is laser tag. Challenge your friends or make new ones on our course.
Did we mention pizza? Who doesn’t like free Toppers pizza?! Lots of it too! The fun doesn’t stop there though. We have a variety of student groups on campus who will provide live entertainment - a magician, an improv comedy team, and a band. Best of all, you can win prizes throughout the night just for attending.
You really have no reason not to and if you do, you can call your parents up and tell them you’re in the library on the first night of class!
Find the event on Facebook and be sure to invite your friends!
Friday, August 15, 2014
You can still register to vote at the polls on election day!
Find your polling place
What photo ID do I need?
UW-Eau Claire students who do not have the appropriate ID:
- Go to the Blugold Card office in the Davies Center to obtain a free voter ID
- Visit MyBlugold CampS to download your Voter Verification Enrollment form
- Take both of these items to the polls on November 3rd
If you are already registered to vote in Wisconsin, confirm that you are registered to vote or look up your polling place.