The Reference Department has two open student positions to work at the reference desk starting spring semester. Students would work a total of 9 - 10 hours a week starting at $7.00. Below is a description of the job and the hours that we are filling. If you are interested in either of these positions, please print and fill out an application available at http://www.uwec.edu/Library/aboutUs/studentApplication.pdf and return it the library's Circulation Desk or to McIntyre Library ATTN: Peggy Govan, 105 Garfield Ave., P.O. Box 4004, Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004.
McIntyre Library Reference Department
Student Job Description- Reference Desk
This is an entry-level position.
Students will receive training from Reference staff to learn how to provide basic reference service
1. assist at the Reference Desk by answering basic student Reference questions, in person, by phone, etc.
2. refer advanced questions to the librarian on duty
carry out reference support tasks for librarians such as shelf
reading, photocopying, cleaning the Reference area, special
projects such as web page updating, design, etc.
3. other duties as assigned
1. commitment to high quality customer service
2. ability to learn complex tasks
3. decision-making skills
1. library work experience or course work
2. experience using McIntyre Library
3. software and hardware trouble shooting skills
4. familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
5. web development and/ or graphic design skills
Hours to be filled:
Wednesdays: 1-4 & 5:30-8
Thursdays: 10-12 & 2-5
Sundays: 5-8? (or 6-9?)