- Academic Search Complete: an upgrade of Academic Search Elite and Academic Search Premier that covers a broad range of disciplines and offers indexing and fulltext access to many more journals.
- Alt Health Watch: coverage of complementary, alternative and integrated approaches to health care
- Auto Repair Reference Center: Repair, care, recalls, specifications for autos dating back to 1945.
- Book Collection Nonfiction: thousands of fulltext nonfiction books. Available at the elementary, middle and high school levels.
- Business Source Premier: upgrade of Business Source Elite, including more journals, industry surveys and market information.
- Consumer Health Complete: consumer-oriented health content and patient information
- Education Administration Abstracts: covers areas related to educational administration, including educational leadership, educational management, and educational research.
- Encyclopedia of Animals: variety of topics relating to animals
- Environment Complete: journal and monographic coverage of environment, energy, agriculture, natural resources and related subject areas.
- Film & Television Literature Index with Full Text: Coverage includes film & television theory, preservation & restoration, writing, production, cinematography, technical aspects, and reviews.
- History Reference Center: cover-to-cover full text for more than 650 historical encyclopedias and other non-fiction books
- Humanities International Complete: comprehensive coverage of humanities topics
- LexiPALS Drug Guide: a database of Patient Advisory Leaflets that provides vital education on medications for patients, including some in Spanish.
- Literary Reference Center: broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes
- LitFinder: full-text access to thousands of poems, short stories, essays, plays, and speeches in the areas of Literature, History, Economics, Sociology, Art & Architecture, Philosophy, Psychology, Science, and Drama dating back to the 9th Century BCE.
- MAS-Ultra School Edition: full text for more than 500 popular, high school magazines.
- MergentOnline: company finanical data, annual reports, industry information, county profiles and more
- Military & Government Collection: current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government from periodicals, academic journals, and other sources
- MLA Directory of Periodicals: detailed information on over 5,500 journals, with 4,400 currently indexed in the MLA International Bibliography
- Newspaper Source Plus: fulltext database of regional, national and international newspapers. Replaces ProQuest Newspapers.
- NoveList: a reader's advisory service for fiction. Also available for K-8 literature.
- Nursing Reference Center: patient and practice resources, evidence-based care sheets, drug information, continuing education and other nursing reference materials.
- Political Science Complete: journal, full-text reference books and conference proceddings covering political science and related topics.
- Professional Development Collection: Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles
- Science Reference Center: full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
- SocINDEX with Full Text: covers broad range of social science disciplines, going back as far as 1895.
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text: covers kinesiology, sports, sports medicine, exercise, health education and more.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Several new databases now available
McIntyre Library's array of databases has seen several changes and additions this summer, as a result of ongoing efforts to best meet users' needs. Some databases are subscribed to by UW-Eau Claire, some are consortial purchases with other UW System libraries, and some come to us through the Department of Public Instruction's Badgerlink: