Tuesday, September 27, 2016

UWEC Student Voter Frequently Asked Questions

Never voted before? Moved and need to re-register? We can answer all of your voting questions and help you get ready for election day!

Stop by the Research Center on the first floor to register with us until October 12th

After the 12th, voters can register at the polls on election day but will need an approved photo ID and proof of residence document. 

Don't know if you have the right documentation? We can help.

Blugold Voter Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I register?

You can register in advance at city hall, with volunteers at a voter registration drive, with a librarian at McIntyre Library 8am - 5pm weekdays during approved registration weeks, or at the polls on election day. See the Research Center on the first floor of McIntyre Library for more details.
Where is my polling place?

During local, state, and national elections, UW-Eau Claire is the voting site for Wards 20 and 24 of the city of Eau Claire: students living in the upper campus residence halls reside in Ward 20, students living in the lower campus residence halls reside in Ward 24.

Students living off campus can look up their polling place by address at:  http://myvote.wi.gov/

Students living at the Priory: the Priory is located in the town of Washington, so students will need to contact their election office:  http://townofwashington.org/elections/

Where can I get a proof of enrollment form?

In the Student Center on BlugoldCampuS under academics, there is a drop down menu titled “Other academic”. The link to the Voter Verification Form is second from the bottom on that menu.

What time are the polls open on election day?

The polls are open from 7:00 AM until 8:00 PM

What if I don’t have a WI driver’s license?

Students can also use other forms of ID like a United States passport or a Student Voter ID from the University.

Blugold cards do not meet the criteria to function as an acceptable ID because they do not have an expiration date. UW- Eau Claire students who do not have another acceptable photo ID can get an approved Student Voter ID from the Blugold card office on the first floor of the Davies Center.

Students with a Minnesota drivers license or a license from another state can use a US passport or a Student Voter ID along with the proof of enrollment form or one of the documents listed below to vote in Eau Claire.

What else do I need to bring?

If you do not have a WI Driver’s License with your current city of Eau Claire address on it, you will also need to bring a document that shows your proof of Wisconsin residency. If the address on your Wisconsin Driver’s license does not match your current address, you will need to bring a document that shows your proof of residency at your house, apartment, or dorm in Eau Claire.
This includes documents like:
A residential lease
A utility bill (except garbage/recycling bills)
A bank statement – printed from the internet is fine (but not a credit card statement)
A paycheck (but not a personal check)

No comments: